« Home | 10 Book Writing Mistakes That Block The Success Of... » | How To Plan Your Wedding- Wedding Planning Made Easy » | Your 24 - 7 Personal Injury Lawyers » | Missed Diagnosed Heart Attacks Can Be Deadly » | Colorado DUI Lawyers » | Understanding Frostbite » | The Five Deadly Fears of E-Newsletter Publishing » | Used Mobility Scooters » | Slow Down And Keep Safe » | Bremen Clubbing Guide » 

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 

My Favorite Car: Now You Know

I guess this is what you call writers block, I just can't seem to think of anything to write another article about, of course it will be about a car, but what car, that is where I'm stumped, I have written about the camaro and corvette so many times, I don't know how much more I can write about them, they are the two muscle cars that I know the most about, the two that I have played with the most, and with out a doubt my favorite.
This article will not be really specific this time, I just thought that I'd tell you a few of the reasons why these two cars are my favorite muscle cars, now as far as the camaro goes, I owned a 1969 Z/28 as a kid, and man I'll tell you, the fun time that I had in that car can't even be counted, I got the car, and with in the first year I was putting a new high performance 302 in it, this engine was running a 620 lift 320 duration roller cam, and during that there was no such a thing as a street roller, this was a full race camshaft, and not intended for street use.
Thus offering no low end power at all, my power range started at about 2700 RPM, although the car ran a 4 speed Muncie M22 rock crusher transmission, it still took some getting used to when you were behind the wheel, you were not going to mash the pedal from a dead stand still and turn the car side ways, it had it power up high, and it in turn treated me very well at the drag strip, it ran 3.73:1 rear gears for the street, and 4.10:1 on the race track, it also boasted 12.5: compression pistons, and 2.02 corvette fuely cylinder heads.
It constantly ran 10's and 11's at the drag strip, and drove me to work every day, there would not be enough paper in the entire world for me to tell you all the fun this car made, the car was blue with white racing stripes, it had a Z/28 center console with gages in it, it did not have a factory cross ram, but I bought an after market crossram and installed two Holley 700 double pumpers on top of it, the car turned me in to a boy, and a man at the same time, every time a drove it, I felt just like I was god, and nobody could stop me.
This car was my savior, and the only religion that I ever really believed in, and it still is to this day, this is the reason why I write these articles, in hops that I may help some of the kids of today see the light, and realize that America builds the best cars, and the most fun cars that you can own.

I've been in the automotive business for about 20 or 25 years, I have worked in all facets of the industry, from parts to restoration, all different makes and models, I just want to keep people interested in the old cars because it's where my heart is.

http://autorevival.com

4 Wheel Trucks
Interco Tires
Jeep Cargo Racks
Jeep Lift Kit
Fort Bragg Ca
Off Roading Trucks
4x4 Tires And Wheels
4 Wheel Parts And Accesories
Jeep Xj Bumper
Dunlop Motocross Tire